As a makeup artist I know how important it is to have a great set of makeup brushes to create the look you want. I also know that when you look at all the brushes out there, it can be overwhelming. Don’t worry! You don’t need a drawer full of brushes. In today’s post, I’ve given you a few tips that can help make sense of them all.
Investing in and using the right makeup brushes and tools will not only help give you a flawless makeup look, but you’ll actually save money in the long run. How? Well, to it put simply, you’ll use less product and your makeup will last longer (i.e. remain germ-free longer), if you keep your hands out of your colors and formulas. Now, I am not so much into making my face look like… well, not my face! I prefer a more natural, understated look and feel. I have evolved a lot towards a more eco-friendly and organic lifestyle over the last decade and therefore my needs for makeup brushes have changed!
Here’s a few things that were must haves when I was searching for brushes:
- ethically made
- constructed well to last long-term
Now that you know what was important to me in the brushes, I recommend that your iron out your daily makeup routine so that you can really get the benefits of only needing a small collection of brushes. I’ve referenced the numbers for the Ammoura cosmetics brushes below.
Here’s the 6 most useful brushes you can have in your collection:
- a foundation brush (for all over foundation)#140
- a concealer brush (to touch up blemishes)#175
- a powder brush (for a finishing powder or bronzing powder) #330
- an eye shadow brush ( for a pop of understated or bright color) #70
- an angled brush ( for lining the eyes and defining eye brows) #91
- a chubby blender brush (to blend out your base, apply bronzer & provide a flawless finish) #160
You can purchase any combination of Ammoura cosmetics vegan makeup brushes (or all of them) from our website.
- On July 15, 2019